23 March 2010

A Breath of Spring

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was noticing that I hadn't seen the usual abundance of Snowdrops emerging from their winter slumber. Always the first flower I notice, I became a custom to seeing the first blooms by early March. Mine were still covered in snow and the snow apparently had just melted off the other areas too. But to my glorious surprise, I had pansies in another garden in full bloom! Very Cool!




Our greenhouses are just emerging with that same colorful eunthusiasm. Perennials and hanging baskets are potted and growing. The sunlight last week was a wonderful blessing, for both the plants and our souls. We need out of the winter greys. These are a few of the sights in our greenhouses from last week.

.
Easter is right around the corner. Plants should be here today and we'll post pics tomorrow.

No comments: